Congratulations on joining Global Codeathon Game Studios. We know you just started working for us but we have a very important project and need your help. Dong Nguyen was up all night and started creating our next game, Spacetrek.
We are happy with the concept but need help taking the game to the next level. Dong has created the spaceship but was stuck on what other characters one would encounter on a Spacetrek. Also, a trek is a long journey but as you will see, the spaceship doesn’t seem to travel very far so somehow you will need to create a story of this space ship’s #EPICSPACETREK
The game can be found here and we need you look at what Dong has created and make it even more amazing. Please take it, remix it and make it awesome! Some things to think about:
- There are no limits. This is Dong’s first idea so do anything you want to it.
- Wormholes and black holes
- Invincibility feature
- A boss to overcome
You can do anything you want to it so long as your ideas are original (including characters that you may make). Dong is known for one button mechanism games but feel free to try something new if it is awesome.
Dong is excited to see what you come up with as he loves games and can’t wait to try yours out. Coding is an opportunity to be creative and we look forward to seeing what you come up with. This means you don’t have to be the most advanced coder to do well, you may even be fairly new to coding.
Note that the program and a maximum two minute screencast explaining your game and the process must be submitted online through this form. In order to to be part of the event your program must be submitted by Thursday, May 5th. From last year’s experience many coders are excited to start but finishing takes diligence.
How the programs will be scored:
- Creativity/Uniqueness (25 pts): Program idea is interesting and original.
- Visual Appeal (25 pts): Program is aesthetically pleasing.
- Engagement (25 pts): Program is engaging – I want to keep playing with it
- Technical ability (25 pts): Demonstrates a variety of coding skills such as conditionals, loops, broadcasting. Program feels complete.
Timeline of events:
- May 5th: Programs must be completed and shared using the online submission form.
- May 7th: At the Global Codeathon 1st, 2nd and 3rd place will be announced and their screencasts will shown to all attendees.
We look forward to seeing your programs.
.GEARS Game Studio & the Global Codeathon Team
****Please note the this competition is for educational purposes only. Programs created with the artwork from .GEARS Game Studio may not be sold.